Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much storage does iCloud need to backup?

How much storage does iCloud need in order to backup

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:07 PM

That depends on your device and the quantity of content on it being backed up. My iCloud backup is approximate 5.5 GB. Some users are far less, or far more.

To see the size of your next backup (and current backup), go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > {Device Name}. You'll see the last backup time/date, the backup size, and after a few minutes, the size of your next backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 3:07 PM in response to nasira17

That depends on your device and the quantity of content on it being backed up. My iCloud backup is approximate 5.5 GB. Some users are far less, or far more.

To see the size of your next backup (and current backup), go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups > {Device Name}. You'll see the last backup time/date, the backup size, and after a few minutes, the size of your next backup.

Jan 8, 2022 5:14 PM in response to TexasNana43

Yes, they do. Make sure that your phone is up to date (Settings > General > Software Update). But your device, even without updating, should provide the same information.

Texting is wholly unrelated to backup size, but texting is pretty easy, not sure what the frustration is, they all work pretty much the same way.

Jan 8, 2022 4:53 PM in response to muguy

These directions do not work for 11se2020. Why can't every phone work basically the same way???? Who's job is it to make sure the next phone works different from the one before it? Iphone is more expensive but the texting on an Android is a million times easier.!!!! I have had this phone a year and am still frustrated with texting, and so much more. I have had my first AND LAST iphone.

How much storage does iCloud need to backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.