Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage

Hello, I have an iPhone 8plus. Ever since I got the phone, I'm not able to activate my imessage and facetime. At first, when I tried to activate it, I kept getting the error "waiting for activation." I attempted the troubleshooting steps: Resetting network settings, the airplane mode option, factory rest my entire phone, logging in and out of my iCloud, waiting for 24 hours, and nothing worked.

I then decided to give up till one day I went back to try again, and when I gave it a try, it took me to a part where it's trying to verify my Apple ID. After verifying, it gave the error "Imessage/Facetime activation error. Was unable to connect to the imessage/facetime server. please try again." I reattempted the previous troubleshooting steps and still failed. I'm not even getting the option to toggle on or off facetime/imessage. It just takes me straight to the page where it's trying to verify my iCloud.

Yes, I've double-checked my iCloud and everything is correct. It's just not verifying and I'm not getting the option to use my telephone number. And the article that I found on the apple website about this type of issue, is useless. Can someone help me please? Thank you.

Regards,

Lee.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 2:23 PM

leona44 wrote:

Hello, I have an iPhone 8plus. Ever since I got the phone, I'm not able to activate my imessage and facetime. At first, when I tried to activate it, I kept getting the error "waiting for activation." I attempted the troubleshooting steps: Resetting network settings, the airplane mode option, factory rest my entire phone, logging in and out of my iCloud, waiting for 24 hours, and nothing worked.

I then decided to give up till one day I went back to try again, and when I gave it a try, it took me to a part where it's trying to verify my Apple ID. After verifying, it gave the error "Imessage/Facetime activation error. Was unable to connect to the imessage/facetime server. please try again." I reattempted the previous troubleshooting steps and still failed. I'm not even getting the option to toggle on or off facetime/imessage. It just takes me straight to the page where it's trying to verify my iCloud.

Yes, I've double-checked my iCloud and everything is correct. It's just not verifying and I'm not getting the option to use my telephone number. And the article that I found on the apple website about this type of issue, is useless. Can someone help me please? Thank you.

Regards,
Lee.

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 2:23 PM in response to leona44

leona44 wrote:

Regards,
Lee.

Follow ALL steps here If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.