Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sold my Apple Watch series 5, the new owner is being asked for my Apple ID to set the Watch up , is there any way he can set it up without my ID

I sold my Apple Watch series 5, I unpaired it from my phone and pressed reset, however the new owner has said that the Watch is asking for my Apple ID because it is locked

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:08 PM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2021 9:13 PM in response to ashleyjohnson3206

Hey!

One thing you can try to fix this issue is follow these steps:

1. Open settings on your iPhone
  2. Click on your name or Apple ID
  3. Scroll down until you can see all your Apple devices
  4. Make sure that series 5 apple watch is not listed (If it is there, continue following steps, if its not there, skip the next step)
  5. Click on the watch, then press "Remove from account"

If you reset the watch fully when you gave it to him and you still don't see the Apple Watch in Apple ID, then I am afraid I am not sure.

If you did remove the watch from the account then give it a shot and see if he still needs it.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

I sold my Apple Watch series 5, the new owner is being asked for my Apple ID to set the Watch up , is there any way he can set it up without my ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.