Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 7 not fully charging!

when I first got my Apple watch 7, it fully charged quickly.

Now after a month of use it stops charging between 70-80%

no matter how long I leave it on the charger.

I tried downloading the latest firmware (8.3) last night and still did not fix the issue.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 3:34 PM

If you have optimized battery charging enabled as would be usual and expected, then Watch is charged to 80% and holds until shortly before your normal start of usage.

This intended to extend the life of the battery, as holding near or at full charge tends to degrade the battery more quickly.

Charging info, including mention of optimized charging: Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 3:34 PM in response to chicolo

If you have optimized battery charging enabled as would be usual and expected, then Watch is charged to 80% and holds until shortly before your normal start of usage.

This intended to extend the life of the battery, as holding near or at full charge tends to degrade the battery more quickly.

Charging info, including mention of optimized charging: Charge Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 7 not fully charging!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.