Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 2 stopped charging after software update 5.2.1

I’ve had my Apple Watch for several years now and never had any issues with it, but since updating the software to 5.2.1 it has stopped charging, it simply will not go above 5-6% charge.

I’ve tried all the usual trouble shooting suggestions, switch it on/off, full reset, different charging cables, but all have the same result. It makes all the right sounds like it’s accepting a charge but simply not charging!

Any suggestions or others having the same issues?

Thanks

Neil

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 5

Posted on May 30, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 10:19 AM

This doesn’t sound like a software related issue because we don’t see a mass of reports from every Series 2 user. If you have tried different power adapters and cables, and a forced reset doesn’t help there is only one thing left... Contact Support and get it checked by Apple Service.

1 reply

Apple Watch Series 2 stopped charging after software update 5.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.