Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What about my apps not downloading?

I transferred data from my old iphone 8 to a new iPhone 12. The old apps aren't downloading though. Its been two hours and they haven't downloaded. I can't get them to actually begin downloading.

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 4:27 PM

You need to be connected to a stable wi-fi connection and the device should be connected to power to keep wi-fi from going to sleep. If they do not start downloading, force restart the iPhone using the instructions here, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support That should get them to start downloading again. The amount of time it takes is going to depend on how many apps you had on the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 4:27 PM in response to jefe_1

You need to be connected to a stable wi-fi connection and the device should be connected to power to keep wi-fi from going to sleep. If they do not start downloading, force restart the iPhone using the instructions here, Force restart iPhone - Apple Support That should get them to start downloading again. The amount of time it takes is going to depend on how many apps you had on the device.

What about my apps not downloading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.