Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

by mitake i have selected higher OS how do i restore old one

Hey while in automatic upadate option my system updated to macOS Big Sur, how do i get back to older version.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:39 AM

Do you have a backup? If you do, don't back up your Big Sur with that backup.

To go to a previous OS, you must erase the drive completely, reinstall the OS, then restore from your backup.

You'll need to download the old OS and create a bootable USB Installer.

I prefer to Migrate the data from the backup as opposed to restoring from Time Machine, but once you have Catalina or earlier installed, you should be able to restore from Time Machine in Recovery: Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 6:39 AM in response to pragya176

Do you have a backup? If you do, don't back up your Big Sur with that backup.

To go to a previous OS, you must erase the drive completely, reinstall the OS, then restore from your backup.

You'll need to download the old OS and create a bootable USB Installer.

I prefer to Migrate the data from the backup as opposed to restoring from Time Machine, but once you have Catalina or earlier installed, you should be able to restore from Time Machine in Recovery: Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support

by mitake i have selected higher OS how do i restore old one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.