Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I BOUGHT FROM APPLE PARAT # 0G10347 BACKUP DRIVE WHAT ADAPTER DO I NEED TO CONVERT TO THUNDER BOLT

I BOUGHT FROM APPLE PARAT # 0G10347 BACKUP DRIVE WHAT ADAPTER DO I NEED TO CONVERT TO

THUNDER BOLT.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:36 PM

Hi, apekofsky-based on the info you’ve given us, this drive has a usb-c connector and is thunderbolt 3 compatible. So a usb-c cable that supports Thunderbolt 3 should be fine.. if you don’t have a mac with Thunderbolt 3 built in, then you’d have to use a thunderbolt 1 or 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter, along with the usb-c TB-3 cable, which is included with the backup drive, along with a usb-c to a cable ( usb 3.0 compatible)

hope this helps you… i don’t know if you have a Mac with Thunderbolt 3 or not, but it looks like it’s plug n’ play if you do

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 5:36 PM in response to apekofsky

Hi, apekofsky-based on the info you’ve given us, this drive has a usb-c connector and is thunderbolt 3 compatible. So a usb-c cable that supports Thunderbolt 3 should be fine.. if you don’t have a mac with Thunderbolt 3 built in, then you’d have to use a thunderbolt 1 or 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter, along with the usb-c TB-3 cable, which is included with the backup drive, along with a usb-c to a cable ( usb 3.0 compatible)

hope this helps you… i don’t know if you have a Mac with Thunderbolt 3 or not, but it looks like it’s plug n’ play if you do

john b

I BOUGHT FROM APPLE PARAT # 0G10347 BACKUP DRIVE WHAT ADAPTER DO I NEED TO CONVERT TO THUNDER BOLT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.