Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to apply custom LUT to Final Cut Pro 10.6.1

New to Final Cut Pro. I followed instructions and successfully applied a custom LUT to a video. On a second and subsequent videos I am no longer able to even though I am following the exact same process. While in the "Info Inspector" tab I click on "Installed Effects" and navigate to "Color". I drag the "Custom LUTS" option onto the clip in the projects area. I then switch from the "Info Inspector" tab to the "Video Inspector" tab. The option to select Custom LUTS does not appear.

Prior to losing this function I was playing around with various adjustments in the "Color Inspector" tab. It was not looking so good and I saw a "reset" button. I thought it would cancel my adjustments and reset everything back to original. Nothing visual happened - no idea what the reset option did but after doing that I lost the ability to apply LUTS. I am not sure if this is related to the issue or not.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:20 AM

Installed Effects is in the Effects browser, not in the Info inspector. There is another way to add a LUT using Camera LUTs in the Info inspector, but I don't think you used that.

What Reset button did you use? They're all over the application.

Whenever the application is doing weird things it can be helpful to trash the preferences. Close the application and hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to trash your preferences. You do. 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 9:20 AM in response to bjpawlett

Installed Effects is in the Effects browser, not in the Info inspector. There is another way to add a LUT using Camera LUTs in the Info inspector, but I don't think you used that.

What Reset button did you use? They're all over the application.

Whenever the application is doing weird things it can be helpful to trash the preferences. Close the application and hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to trash your preferences. You do. 

Dec 29, 2021 9:59 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you so much - the option command preference reset worked.

Regarding Installed Effects in Effects Browser - yes I agree. The various online instructions I followed all indicated to have the Info Inspector open when navigating to the Effects Browser (just above the project area, different tab area) to drag the install effect (Custom LUT) onto the project video.

I can't remember which reset button I hit. Being new to the program it is a bit overwhelming to keep track of everything.

Now if I can just find out how to get the adjustment layer selection show in the Titles section (second help topic). The reset preferences had no effect on that issue and it has never worked.

Thanks again for your help.

Unable to apply custom LUT to Final Cut Pro 10.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.