Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate during workouts

I want my heart rate to show throughout my workout - in other words, I don’t want to have to keep pushing the side button and waiting for it to show and go away over and over again. Is there a way to do that?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 4:10 PM

My apple watch USED to display my heart rate during outdoor walks and workouts, but now it doesn't. I've gone to the phone/workout/workout view/<name of exercise>, and heart rate is greyed out. How do I get it to un-grey and display again?

4 replies

Jan 19, 2022 1:24 AM in response to LookingAtMolokai

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to General and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

Dec 29, 2021 9:41 AM in response to HAceHill

On the phone watch app;

Tap on workout/workout view/name of your workout and you can change what you see on the screen during the workout here.

Heart rate during workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.