Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirTag has only a 30 foot range. It is essentially useless until you are almost on top of what you are attempting to locate!

My AirTag has only a 30 foot range. It is essentially useless until you are almost on top of what you are attempting to locate!

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:50 PM

Hi RC21Ca,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple support's article: "Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag"

Says: "Use Precision Finding to pinpoint the location of your item

If you have a supported iPhone model with Ultra Wideband and your AirTag is nearby1, you can use Precision Finding to help find it, even if it's stuck between couch cushions or hiding under a stack of mail". 

"If your AirTag is out of range of your connected device, get directions to it first."

" AirTag uses the Find My network, an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions Apple devices that can help you find your things." 

Also: "Environmental factors, including wall materials or objects between your iPhone and your AirTag, might impact performance."

And

"If your iPhone or region doesn't support Ultra Wideband, or your AirTag is outside of the range of your device, you can get directions to its location."

Complete article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210967

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 10:50 PM in response to RJC21Ca

Hi RC21Ca,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Apple support's article: "Find your keys, wallet, and more with AirTag"

Says: "Use Precision Finding to pinpoint the location of your item

If you have a supported iPhone model with Ultra Wideband and your AirTag is nearby1, you can use Precision Finding to help find it, even if it's stuck between couch cushions or hiding under a stack of mail". 

"If your AirTag is out of range of your connected device, get directions to it first."

" AirTag uses the Find My network, an encrypted, anonymous network of hundreds of millions Apple devices that can help you find your things." 

Also: "Environmental factors, including wall materials or objects between your iPhone and your AirTag, might impact performance."

And

"If your iPhone or region doesn't support Ultra Wideband, or your AirTag is outside of the range of your device, you can get directions to its location."

Complete article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210967

All the best :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.