Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac vertical Blue Line on screen

Suddenly apear Blue line on iMac screen.

First i replaced my RAM > power on > beeping.

I just shut down and remove the RAM and restart again... After couple of minuts i saw just this vertical blue line on the left screen side.

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 12:31 PM

This is likely a failing GPU. You can try the following:

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in the  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support link.

Note: If you are using a wireless keyboard please either plug it in using the supplied Lightning cable that shipped with it. If you are using a legacy keyboard or a third-party keyboard that does not have re-charging abilities, please use any USB keyboard. Also note that a Safe Mode restart may require you to hold down the shift key for up to 5 minutes before the computer starts in Safe Mode. You will know it is in Safe Mode when you see “Safe Mode” in the upper right of the display.

If this does not work, the next step is to take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 12:31 PM in response to ahisnbinajmal

This is likely a failing GPU. You can try the following:

Please restart the computer in Safe Mode per the directions in the  How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support link.

Note: If you are using a wireless keyboard please either plug it in using the supplied Lightning cable that shipped with it. If you are using a legacy keyboard or a third-party keyboard that does not have re-charging abilities, please use any USB keyboard. Also note that a Safe Mode restart may require you to hold down the shift key for up to 5 minutes before the computer starts in Safe Mode. You will know it is in Safe Mode when you see “Safe Mode” in the upper right of the display.

If this does not work, the next step is to take the computer to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

iMac vertical Blue Line on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.