Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading numbers for Mac

I keep trying to download numbers for Mac from the App Store but I only get an error message stating "Numbers can’t be installed on “10.14” because macOS version 11 or later is required." Oddly, I am running Mac OS 10.15.7. What is this asking for?

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:15 PM

It is saying you need to have MacOS 11 or higher. You have 10.15.7 which is less than 11. I have no idea why it thinks you have 10.14. Maybe it is just an incorrectly worded message.

There are often questions here about how to download a compatible earlier version of Numbers. I cannot recall the answer(s), though, if there have been any. I wish Apple would serve those earlier version up for those with older OS versions and older Macs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 2:15 PM in response to johnnyfralin

It is saying you need to have MacOS 11 or higher. You have 10.15.7 which is less than 11. I have no idea why it thinks you have 10.14. Maybe it is just an incorrectly worded message.

There are often questions here about how to download a compatible earlier version of Numbers. I cannot recall the answer(s), though, if there have been any. I wish Apple would serve those earlier version up for those with older OS versions and older Macs.

downloading numbers for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.