Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers for Mac

I have a numbers file that won't open. When I try to open the file a message drops and says "To open this version you'll need the latest version of numbers". So, I went to the App store to download the latest version of numbers. But the message then says "Numbers can't be installed on Macintosh HD because MacOS version 10.14 or later is required. I currently have macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 What do I need to do?

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2020 12:11 AM

You need to upgrade the OS to either macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

Catalina is the only version of macOS available at the app store, but may not be available to you depending on the model and introduction date of your Mac.

You can get more information on which Mac models are compatible with Mojave, a Mojave installer and more information here: How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2020 12:11 AM in response to music-teacher

You need to upgrade the OS to either macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

Catalina is the only version of macOS available at the app store, but may not be available to you depending on the model and introduction date of your Mac.

You can get more information on which Mac models are compatible with Mojave, a Mojave installer and more information here: How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Regards,

Barry

Numbers for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.