Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo and video transferring from iPhone to Mac

is there a way to easily delete the photos and videos I have transferred? I still want most of the photos and videos on my phone though. I just want the ones I transferred to my Mac to be deleted from my phone.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:25 PM

If you use Image Capture, it has an option to delete after import ... however as far as I know that only works at the time you import the images, not afterwards.

Since the photos & videos remain on your phone, try connecting your iPhone again, open Image Capture, select the photos & videos you want to remove, select "Delete after import" and try "re-importing" to a different folder than the one you originally imported them to.

If all is successful you will end up with a duplicate set of photos & videos on your Mac that you can, in turn, delete if you want to. And they should be gone from your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 2:25 PM in response to canaan13

If you use Image Capture, it has an option to delete after import ... however as far as I know that only works at the time you import the images, not afterwards.

Since the photos & videos remain on your phone, try connecting your iPhone again, open Image Capture, select the photos & videos you want to remove, select "Delete after import" and try "re-importing" to a different folder than the one you originally imported them to.

If all is successful you will end up with a duplicate set of photos & videos on your Mac that you can, in turn, delete if you want to. And they should be gone from your iPhone.

Dec 29, 2021 2:36 PM in response to canaan13

You can create a Photos Shared Album and then delete the originals. The shared album will be accessible from the Mac as well as the iPhone. Note that shared album will contain reduced resolution (to 2048 pixels on the long edge) versions of the original images.

You may want to first export the originals to a local folder, if you plan to delete the images using Photos on the Mac, .

- Pie Lover

photo and video transferring from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.