Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open Safari I get a notice that my Apple iPhone may be infected and to install an app. When I try to cancel the notice, I am taken to a site for Defendo: AdBlock and Security. How do I remove this from my iPhone7 so I can use Safari ?

When I open Safari I get a notice that my Apple iPhone may be infected and to install an app. When I try to cancel the notice, I am taken to a site for Defendo: AdBlock and Security. How do I remove this from my iPhone7 so I can use Safari ?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 12:00 PM

Hi medina3400,

It sounds like you have a window in Safari you need to get rid of and we can help.

Try to close the tab normally:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

If that hasn't solved it, try clearing Safari web data. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

Let us know if that takes care of this for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 12:00 PM in response to medina3400

Hi medina3400,

It sounds like you have a window in Safari you need to get rid of and we can help.

Try to close the tab normally:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

If that hasn't solved it, try clearing Safari web data. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

Let us know if that takes care of this for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.