Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on Mac

Ive been trying for hours on how to put my phone number to my iMessage on my Mac, but it only has an option for my email. So, when I text someone from my Mac it comes up as my email. How do I fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 4:37 PM

Are you in USA 🇺🇸? If your cellphone provider give you wi-fi calling then you should enabling in your iPhone first , go to settings then cellular find WI-FI calling turn it on verify your home address then in the other option says add wi-fi calling for other devices , once everything it’s enable there go back and find Call on other devices , your Mac should be there then enable it , so now go to your Mac FaceTime app get in preferences now your phone will be there and you can upgrade to wi-go calling click on the button wait for the home address confirmation, the same address from your iPhone must be in your Mac too so now you have your phone number in your Mac and you can do phone calls or receive them too without to have your iPhone near to your Mac take a look 👀 the same way applies for iMessages your should turn on in settings messages you will see these options you must do everything in your iPhone first then in your Mac in message app you will see your number too

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 4:37 PM in response to elsieG133

Are you in USA 🇺🇸? If your cellphone provider give you wi-fi calling then you should enabling in your iPhone first , go to settings then cellular find WI-FI calling turn it on verify your home address then in the other option says add wi-fi calling for other devices , once everything it’s enable there go back and find Call on other devices , your Mac should be there then enable it , so now go to your Mac FaceTime app get in preferences now your phone will be there and you can upgrade to wi-go calling click on the button wait for the home address confirmation, the same address from your iPhone must be in your Mac too so now you have your phone number in your Mac and you can do phone calls or receive them too without to have your iPhone near to your Mac take a look 👀 the same way applies for iMessages your should turn on in settings messages you will see these options you must do everything in your iPhone first then in your Mac in message app you will see your number too

iMessage on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.