Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro has been compromised ,what’s next.?

I cannot delete a pop up that indicates someone is trying to access my computer from another location. Apple support gave me a link. But, it’s confusing on what I am required to do. Any possible remedies, someone? Thanks ACTUALLY, ALL OF MY APPLE DEVICES…iPhone,IPad, and Pro…

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:17 AM

nonozec wrote:

I don’t know or have any connections with this location. If I “ALLOW”…what will happen? An access to my account?
I have NOT ALLOWED. It, each time, I get a “Reset Password “….which I have…only to Pop back to this screenshot…

Details: geolocation by IP address is routinely incorrect. Better geolocation accuracy is possible, but that both costs more to provide, and better geolocation places users at greater risk as the accuracy increases.

Details: this two-factor prompt arises only when your password is known, and has been presented to Apple.

That you immediately get this for a login that you have attempted is normal.

You can look for the signed in devices, and you can change your Apple ID password, but what’s reported here (including the ISP-provided geolocation data being somewhat inaccurate) normal.

In short, there is no hack, no hacker, no virus, and no security problem here.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 7:17 AM in response to nonozec

nonozec wrote:

I don’t know or have any connections with this location. If I “ALLOW”…what will happen? An access to my account?
I have NOT ALLOWED. It, each time, I get a “Reset Password “….which I have…only to Pop back to this screenshot…

Details: geolocation by IP address is routinely incorrect. Better geolocation accuracy is possible, but that both costs more to provide, and better geolocation places users at greater risk as the accuracy increases.

Details: this two-factor prompt arises only when your password is known, and has been presented to Apple.

That you immediately get this for a login that you have attempted is normal.

You can look for the signed in devices, and you can change your Apple ID password, but what’s reported here (including the ISP-provided geolocation data being somewhat inaccurate) normal.

In short, there is no hack, no hacker, no virus, and no security problem here.

Dec 29, 2021 7:25 PM in response to nonozec

nonozec wrote:

I cannot delete a pop up that indicates someone is trying to access my computer from another location. Apple support gave me a link. But, it’s confusing on what I am required to do. Any possible remedies, someone? Thanks ACTUALLY, ALL OF MY APPLE DEVICES…iPhone,IPad, and Pro…

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204169 

Dec 29, 2021 5:38 PM in response to nonozec

nonozec wrote:

A screen shot might help here... Shift Command 3

Lets see that pop up, what does it say, what triggers/triggered it ?

Dec 29, 2021 7:50 PM in response to nonozec

nonozec wrote:

Help me out here—Is that your email???

The location is not an exact science...depending on your Internet connection...

My MacBook Pro has been compromised ,what’s next.?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.