Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete the update and reinstall it

I have had the latest update on my iPad Pro sitting there and it wont let me update it.. never had this problem before.. now i read that i can delete it manually from storage and then reinstall it, but it wont let me delete it either.. when i click on delete update, it does nothing. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 8:05 PM

What update do you have 'sitting there'. If it downloaded to the iPad and it is not iPadOS 15.2, which is the latest version, it should install. However, if you go to Settings>General>iPad Storage, you should see the update there. What happens when you attempt to delete it? Are you sure the iPad has sufficient room to update, and that the update actually downloaded?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 8:05 PM in response to akmiranda

What update do you have 'sitting there'. If it downloaded to the iPad and it is not iPadOS 15.2, which is the latest version, it should install. However, if you go to Settings>General>iPad Storage, you should see the update there. What happens when you attempt to delete it? Are you sure the iPad has sufficient room to update, and that the update actually downloaded?

Dec 29, 2021 8:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you very much Chris for your response I appreciate it.

I turned ipad pro off and then back on. I went to ipad storage and removed several apps and optimized the photos. Even though I had used 73 GB out of 256 GB and I thought I had space, optimizing the photos and removing several other apps did the trick.

I was able to delete the 15.2 update which i could not do before, and I am now in the process of reinstalling it it says it has 28 minutes remaining.

I do have the Wi-Fi on however it asked me if I wanted to use cellular data. I said OK.

my Wi-Fi is working .. maybe it is not strong. ( i had Ring camera installed today and the router was moved one floor down.)

I will let you know if it does not work. I never had this problem before.

Dec 29, 2021 8:23 PM in response to akmiranda

Understand that using cellular data can be an issue. Wi-fi is generally better, and having the iPad connected to power to keep it from letting the wi-fi go to sleep. The cellular download speed could be slow and spotty, and it will use quite a bit, the update takes about 6+GB of space. If it won't finish, you may want to delete again and then take the iPad downstairs closer to the router to get and keep a stable connection. Good luck.

Dec 29, 2021 8:45 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I just clicked on the install button and the ipad is connected to power. It says “verifying update”. Previously for this update i could not get past this point. It is in a loop. The little circle keeps turning and turning and shows the words verifying update. I am thinking it is not working as this happened when i tried to install this same update before.

How to delete the update and reinstall it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.