Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

14" MacBook Pro 2021 sudden loud sound

When I start listening to Apple Music, the music will be played at full blast, then gradually lowered to my system volume setting in about a second.

When I wake up my MacBook from sleep, if there is any notifications, the notifications sound will be played at a very large volume (it can be heard in the entire house). If the speakers break due to this, will it be covered under MacBook's 1 year limited warranty?

I've updated my macOS to the latest version, restarted the computer many times, tried this on both headphones, laptop speakers and Bluetooth speakers, on battery and on power adapter, on Wi-Fi and offline environment, on laptop screen and external screen. The issue is intermittent.

The problem can be reproduced on my friend's MacBook Pro 14" and 16" as well. I bought mine online and he bought it in a local authorised reseller.

The problem started on day 1, and many other Redditors and community members have encountered the same issue, so I believe it's a software issue.

May I know how to fix this?

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:04 PM

Hi,

Yes, I think defect speakers are covered one year limited warranty.

Try to check your MacBook Pro audio hardware with Apple Diagnostics if it reports audio related error(VFF001 to VFF003).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it's a software issue, you'd better contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 10:04 PM in response to Bill_Ong

Hi,

Yes, I think defect speakers are covered one year limited warranty.

Try to check your MacBook Pro audio hardware with Apple Diagnostics if it reports audio related error(VFF001 to VFF003).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it's a software issue, you'd better contact Apple Support or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail AppleStore is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

14" MacBook Pro 2021 sudden loud sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.