Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.1.1 has continual call drop

So I have recently purchased a new 13 pro max and have made some calls lately only to have them drop out. Watching the signal strength during a call and it fluctuates wildly and then the call just drops.

I have updated the phone to ios 15.1.1

anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 2:52 AM

15.1.1 is aimed at iphone 12 and 13 owners as it improves the call drop performance of both models. 

Update to 15.2

If you are still having problems then click on> your device probably needs service.

3 replies

Jan 21, 2022 12:08 AM in response to Rene leogrande

That is bad advice.

With no service you should NOT reinstall iOS because that needs a backup and restore to factory and then it may not reactivate without cell service.

It may need a carrier update

Go through the various suggestions in the support article below but if they don't help, and your network carrier can't help, then  contact Apple Support for further investigation.

Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

or: contact Apple Support

Jan 20, 2022 5:41 PM in response to dennisfromfrencville

I purchased ny Iphone 13 Pro Max phone after Thanksgiving and it was working fine until yesterday when my cellular service was 'dropped/removed' from my phone. I cannot text or use my phone.

I went to my cell provider and they told me it was an issue with 15.2.1 upgrade and to reload my software. I can't seem to do this on my computer as the instructions are not what they gave me using Itunes ver 12. Can you provide any guidance on steps to reinstall?

iphone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.1.1 has continual call drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.