Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Error on Updating GarageBand on Refurbished Mac

Getting error msg "GarageBand cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID."

I have a refurbished MacBook Air (M1, 2020) running OS 12.1, I'm getting error message "GarageBand cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID." attempting to update GarageBand.

I'm able to perform updates on all other installed software. Think it might be my refurbished Mac and another user's Apple ID.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:18 AM

Hello Edward Marrow,

We understand that you're running into trouble updating GarageBand. It is possible the app is linked with a different Apple ID or cancelled. You can delete it from the Mac and then download it new from the App Store under your Apple ID.

Download apps from the App Store on your Mac

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Edward Marrow

Hello Edward Marrow,

We understand that you're running into trouble updating GarageBand. It is possible the app is linked with a different Apple ID or cancelled. You can delete it from the Mac and then download it new from the App Store under your Apple ID.

Download apps from the App Store on your Mac

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Getting Error on Updating GarageBand on Refurbished Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.