Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessages on moneterey

Since upgrading to monterey, imessages works like this.

Conversations on the macbook are normal. Sent and received messages display normally.

Conversations on the iphone are normal but only the received messages appear in imessages on the macbook.

There is some sort of issue with sent messages on the iphone not being copied to the sent side of the conversation in imessages on the macbook.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:51 AM

Hi go to your iPhone settings messages make sure that in texts messages forwarding in your Mac it’s enable you should see one device and is your Mac

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 1, 2022 12:19 PM in response to Ozzie1910

Hi Ozzie1910, I un-did the settings you suggested. Over new year I discovered it only helped with one of my contacts, all the people using iMessage are still not working properly, it must be a different issue. Sent messages were displayed on previous OS so something has glitched since I installed Monterey that prevents it from displaying my sent messages.

Jan 1, 2022 12:30 PM in response to mc.thompson

The solution was marked as solved because it did actually work with one of my contacts. I thought it was solved, but my other contacts who use iMessages did not work properly. The problem is not solved. As per apple the status cannot be changed but it is a false response at this point.

Sent iMessages on iOS no longer appear in OS iMessages since Monterey was installed.

imessages on moneterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.