Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was hacked

Phone keeps getting hacked. Messages, emails, passwords etc . This is not your average everyday criminal. I need help. Can someone assist with gas lighting please?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:52 AM

You have not been hacked, nor is someone in your phone (it cannot be controlled remotely). Your device passcode can only be changed by the person holding the device. Your calls cannot be monitored, your settings can only be changed on your device. No one can remotely control your device nor access it remotely.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

You can always buy a new device too (but that seems wholly unnecessary).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 9:52 AM in response to Sun_SeaSalt-Squad

You have not been hacked, nor is someone in your phone (it cannot be controlled remotely). Your device passcode can only be changed by the person holding the device. Your calls cannot be monitored, your settings can only be changed on your device. No one can remotely control your device nor access it remotely.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

You can always buy a new device too (but that seems wholly unnecessary).

Dec 31, 2021 7:21 AM in response to muguy

OK my password has been changed almost every day. My settings have been changed I keep it on dark it goes to light I keep it from rotating and it rotates I keep it at the brightest setting and it’s dim and when I look, It shows someone has dimmed it. I don’t have a Macintosh computer so I don’t put share however for some reason I go into settings and it says I’m sharing. My emails are taking longer than usual this is because they’ve been hijacked. Once I email the person who I’m supposed to get the email from all of a sudden my email shows up three hours late. This is not the only situation I’m being gas lighted so my phone is not the only issue and yes it has hacked. My XfinityMyAccount has me as a user not the “primary” but he primary user. I leave and my security alarm gets shut off this all stems from somebody hacking into Apple. Please do not tell me somebody is not in my phone when they are in my phone I’ve had pictures gone missing. If you can find a way to secure my phone I would be grateful to take your advice however we are looking at people above the law who listen to my phone calls with no warrant. As I said I’ve been gaslighting ever since I was beaten up by a man I dated for two years and one day unexpectedly he snapped no signs were there I came home and it was the first time I was ever involved in a domestic violent heinous abuse situation. Right after that my identity was stolen and the police department I went to told me that this was not a crime your identity being stolen was not a crime. Every other police department I’ve spoken to after told me it was a crime. So telling me someone is not hacking into my phone is like telling me no one beat me up in my head was bludgeoned and they laid in central Massachusetts hospital while they try to staple my head together that was physical abuse. The mental abuse comes through people who can hide themselves really well and hardly ever can get caught when I say the law or above the law please read between these lines thank you.

Jan 1, 2022 2:26 PM in response to muguy

Do you know me? You referred to

“other “ issues. If there were no hacking, than my accounts would be secure. Those are the issues. Since you know because you brought it up - “the issues connected with hacking & gas lighting. Mu guy . Issues- start with a hack. Since you say there is no hack, how do you explain my security system being disarmed, no one has my phone and number. Oh yes, it’s been traced without a warrant.

Jan 26, 2022 4:13 AM in response to Sun_SeaSalt-Squad

I absolutely believe you Sun_SeaSalt. Every device I own has been compromised. Apple support had me have them wiped all the way down to the firmware. I even went so far as to take the drastic move as to delete my entire iCloud acct that was approx. 12 yrs old. On my iPad was a program called XCode. That is for developers. Should never be there. Every phone, every iPad, the device settings are changed on a daily basis and not by me. Yesterday, one of my phones called my other phone five times in succession. It was not bu** dialing. It received calls from itself. Neither phone rings at present. I will get to the bottom of it. I am only stating what is happening to my devices. You and I are probably anomalies. We are not the majority. That said, there are vulnerabilities that have not been patched yet. I have loved Apple since I purchased the very first one back in 2007. It’s been approx 15 years since that first purchase of my beloved Apple device. I have stood in line to purchase Apple’s newest and greatest. I have their watch, their air pods. Up until the end of October of this year I have LOVED Apple. But after three months of constant …..yes….I will say it….hacking…..I am at the end of my rope. If you have not been hacked it is very easy to say “Apple can’t be hacked”. Good luck to you. I hope we both get our issues resolved.

My iPhone was hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.