Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import raw photos into iPhotos from camera or external hard drives as thumbnails only?

How to import raw photos into iPhotos from camera or external hard drives as thumbnails only? I have an enormous number of photos and want to be able to see them in folders/as groups and don't want to use valuable space on the computer... thus thumbnails

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 11:33 AM

Adobe Bridge is available for free and runs perfectly well on M1 Macs. Photos is not the app for your usage scenario. It is a database and can only show you images that it imports. Bridge allows you to suf your own sets of folders.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/get-started.html

3 replies

Dec 30, 2021 10:57 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I store my raw, tif and jpeg photos on external hard drives and want to import them as thumbnails onto iMac so I can view each batch of photos together as you can with Adobe Bridge, which I no longer have as my old graphics card died. So with new M1 iMac and as I can't afford Photoshop, I want to use the iPhotos facility to view large numbers of photos at once

How to import raw photos into iPhotos from camera or external hard drives as thumbnails only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.