Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Dictation Deletes After Releasing Button on Apple TV Remote (Latest Iteration)

I've been meaning to ask this question for some time, as the issue has been around for some time. When I use Siri dictation on the Apple TV remote, what I speak into the dictation field gets deleted when I let go of the side button on the remote. I try a second time and the same thing happens. Then on the third try it works. Yes, I could type in the information manually, but Siri dictation on the Apple TV remote is a feature Apple promotes, and having it not work is frustrating to the point where I have to ask the Apple Community for help. Thanks. Robert

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:54 AM

Robert,

You are very welcome. Updating your Apple TV shouldn’t have made this behavior worse for you. Try turning off Siri off then back on again. Open Settings on Apple TV > General > Siri > then turn Siri off and back on.

If it’s still not working, we recommend contacting Apple Support for additional steps to try. They can be reached by going to Get Support.

Have a great week!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2022 6:54 AM in response to propinquity

Robert,

You are very welcome. Updating your Apple TV shouldn’t have made this behavior worse for you. Try turning off Siri off then back on again. Open Settings on Apple TV > General > Siri > then turn Siri off and back on.

If it’s still not working, we recommend contacting Apple Support for additional steps to try. They can be reached by going to Get Support.

Have a great week!

Dec 31, 2021 12:12 PM in response to propinquity

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. Let’s look at your Apple TV remote and see if we can help find out what’s causing this behavior.

If we understand, it takes several tries using Siri for it to accept your dictation. Is your Apple TV updated to the current tvOS 15.2 version? Update your Apple TV

Has this always been an issue, or something that has just recently started?

Is Siri the only thing that’s having trouble? If your Apple TV remote isn’t working

We look forward to hearing back from you with more details.

Jan 3, 2022 3:14 PM in response to SnickZ.

Thanks for the reply, Snick. The issue has existed with the remote since we first got the device, and I believe the Siri dictation issue is the only issue we've been having.

I updated Apple TV to 15.2 just now, and unfortunately it made the problem worse: now when I press the Siri button, none of the words I speak show up in the text field. I can still, however, fill out the text field manually.

Thanks,

Robert

Siri Dictation Deletes After Releasing Button on Apple TV Remote (Latest Iteration)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.