Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double charged for downloads.

I have purchased new iPhones and MacBooks over the past several years and when I do some iTunes purchase don’t RE-upload. When I go in iTunes, it says “Purchased”. If I click on it, sign in, it sometimes tells me I already purchased and would I like to download. Other times, it charges me again. That part is frustrating because I have to keep asking for refunds. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 2:38 PM

Hello geb81,

It looks like you're getting charged twice for things. We'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

If you're logged in to the same Apple ID on all devices and its still allowing you to purchase it twice, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support. They'll be able to look in to this further with you and see what's going on.

You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 2:38 PM in response to geb81

Hello geb81,

It looks like you're getting charged twice for things. We'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

If you're logged in to the same Apple ID on all devices and its still allowing you to purchase it twice, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support. They'll be able to look in to this further with you and see what's going on.

You can reach out to them here: Get Support

Take care!

Dec 31, 2021 4:13 PM in response to Bryan_K1

I did finally reach out. 2+ hours on the phone later, they resolved it but I realized another issue. Apparently, you can no longer sync your iPhone and MacBook for iTunes without either purchasing a subscription to Apple Music ($9.99 per month) or manually plugging into the laptop to do so. Apple always seems to find a way at forcing a sale. 🤷‍♂️

Double charged for downloads.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.