Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePods are absolute garbage on iOS 15 or is it just me?

Six days ago on Reddit I posted this

”“Hey Siri play” kitchen HomePod starts playing a different song than it was playing two hours earlier. The other three HomePods are not playing even though two hours earlier all four of them were playing together.

“Hey Siri Play this everywhere”“ now playing everywhere” Siri says happilyGuess what nothing was playing anywhere except the Kitchen. Walk to the bedroom, do I see + - ? Yes. Is music playing? No. Is the volume up? Yes. Office, same, bathroom same.“Hey Siri “ to the Bathroom HomePod “ Play”. Bathroom HomePod starts playing a different song than the kitchen. “Hey Siri Play this everywhere” “ now playing everywhere” bathroom and Office playing, bedroom and kitchen not playing. Do they have the + - ? Yes. It’s the volume up? Yes.Say to Bedroom HomePod “Hey Siri play” starts playing completely different song than the kitchen was playing earlier and the Bathroom is playing now. “Hey Siri Play this everywhere” bathroom and office now playing same song, kitchen and bedroom doing nothing.But there’s a simple solution right, unplug them all, plug them back in everything will work fine after a minute. But I did that yesterday. The idea that I have to go walking around unplugging my speakers every single day is absurd.

When the HomePod came out I immediately bought two of them. After about a month I bought another one. I moved earlier this year and bought a mini for my bathroom. On occasion I’d have to unplug them but probably less than once a month probably less than six times a year even. But now it’s several times a week.

I feel like I’m whining here but after spending an hour trying to get these speakers to perform their basics function and doing the same thing yesterday and the same thing last weekend and the same thing three days before etc. etc. etc. I’m just really frustrated. I hope you all have less problems with your HomePods than I do. But if you don’t own one and you came to the sub Reddit to do research I would not recommend buying one. Apple does not care about this product in my opinion.”

I unplugged on my HomePods I think two days ago.

Today I just wanted to listen to music while showering, so I had to walk around my house naked to find which HomePod would let me play music on the Bathroom homepod, because it wasn’t the Bathroom HomePod. I ended up figuring it out but the kitchen HomePod wouldn’t play so I unplugged it. When I got out of the shower I went to the kitchen to make dinner I still couldn’t get the kitchen HomePod to play so I unplugged all of them. When I went to do dishes guess what, everything worked just fine. I asked the HomePod to play everywhere and it did. Two hours later I went to put away laundry, guess what nothing would work, the most absurd part is I got the bedroom HomePod to play but only played for one song and then stopped did it look like it was playing yes was it playing no. When I went to my iPad to see what was going on it showed that it was playing a song but the minute second counter wasn’t moving at all when I skip to the next song it is the same thing over again it said it was playing, was not playing. During that time the Internet was working fine. I’m going absolutely nuts here. And I’ll be honest with you even though I know it won’t happen I really want Apple to give me my money back.

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 5:37 AM

I have the same complaints with the HomePod mini and more. It’s been such and awful experience I’m leaving the Apple ecosystem for something that works. HomePod mini has been a complete waste of money. Apple is seriously going downhill.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 1, 2022 6:20 AM in response to User8675309

During this whole ordeal, my Wi-Fi speeds have been perfectly fine and working perfectly fine. At one point I even ran a speed test while I couldn’t get my HomePods to work and I was getting like 50 down. On a whim yesterday I restarted my router and today everything seems to be working perfectly. It’s only been 12 or so hours but this is the first time in a few months that I didn’t have to walk around the house unplugging every single HomePod just to get them to perform their basic function. Even so I still think this is on Apple, there’s something wrong with their Wi-Fi implementation. I’m not gonna say my problem is solved (it’s only been 12 hours) but hopefully everything‘s going to work OK for the next three or four months before I have to start my router again.

HomePods are absolute garbage on iOS 15 or is it just me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.