Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE (2016) Call Droping Issue

It all started after I update my iPhone to iOS15.1. Calls began to drop frequently. Even when I dial a number and start a call, it remains the 'calling' screen long time and then 'call failed' screen appears. It happens even in the middle of the calls. The receiver could not here my voice and after some times the call drops. There also a distortion in the middle of the calls too. I'm unable to here the voice of the other end and only hear some kind of a 'clicking' sound. It only lasts a second or less.

Because of this issue, I checked my iPhone with an apple authorized local service center. They did a diagnostic check and told me that there were no issues in the hardware.

After that I updated to iOS 15.2 hoping it will fix the problem. But then I noticed the issue remains still.

When a call drop screen appears, I turn airplane mode on and then off as a temporary solution. Then the call connects but sometimes it drops in the middle.

I don't know what is the reason for this issue.

• Why this happens?
  • Is it a software related or a hardware related one?
  • Does any of you facing the same situation?
  • Are there any solutions?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 12:07 AM

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 12:07 AM in response to ErangaB

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

Dec 31, 2021 12:20 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your valuable reply. I have already tried all of the options you mentioned except calling the cellular service provider. But the issue remains the same. I think may be it is the time to call the service provider and replace the SIM. I'll give it a try.

But once, I used a SIM of different service provider, same issue remains with that SIM too.

iPhone SE (2016) Call Droping Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.