You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Card so unbelievably useless in reporting its transactions?

I need a simple way to account for my spending. Credit card companies have done that for decades — each month, the statement includes each transaction, identifying the vendor and the amount. For decades, those companies have allowed 3d party financial apps to download that data, to enable their customers a simple way to account for their spending.

Apple Card launched more than 2 years ago, and still, there is no useable way to access information about Apple Card spending. The system does not integrate with any 3d party financial app. And while you can manually download the statement transactions, the data, BIZARRELY, provides no information about spending. "On November 22, you spent $7.99." Where? We won't tell you. For what? Sorry, too much bother for us to report. What Apple reports is "APPLE.COM/BILL ONE APPLE PARK WAY 866-712-7753 95014 CA USA" — FOR PRACTICALLY EVERY TRANSACTION.

Here's a sample. Notice the ONE charge accounted to someone other than Apple — that was the only one for the month:

How is it that a company that imagines itself in the business of providing financial information to its credit-based customers thinks that this is ok?

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 3:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 5:32 AM

This card was not designed to be like other cards. All of my transactions state where I made the purchases. You cherry picked a section from your statement where you bought from Apple. That 3% means it was an Apple purchase. If you have an issue with your statements, call Goldman Sachs at 1.877.255.5923. I am not seeing anything nefarious/deceptive in this statement.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2021 5:32 AM in response to Lawrence Lessig

This card was not designed to be like other cards. All of my transactions state where I made the purchases. You cherry picked a section from your statement where you bought from Apple. That 3% means it was an Apple purchase. If you have an issue with your statements, call Goldman Sachs at 1.877.255.5923. I am not seeing anything nefarious/deceptive in this statement.

Why is Apple Card so unbelievably useless in reporting its transactions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.