Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro "loses" Blue Yeti X

I have an issue where my new Blue Yeti X microphone disconnects from my MacBook Pro after a short while and then is not recognized as a device. Unplugging and replugging it back does not resolve the problem. The only way to restore functionality is to restart the MacBook.

Have others seen this issue and come up with a solution? TIA

MacBook Pro 2019, macOS Monterey 12.1

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 4:16 AM

I experienced the same problem. It seems related to the Logitech G-Hub driver for Blue Yeti microphones.

I removed that driver and now my Blue Yeti X microphone is using the integrated driver of macOS and it seems to work without issues. Of course, doing these, all the "Blue Voice" effects and other settings that Logitech's G-Hub app allowed will no longer work, but the microphone should still be usable in its basic functions including volume control or mode change with its physical buttons.

To remove the Logitech G-Hub driver you just need to remove the file "logi_audio_override.kext" from the folder library/extensions of your system hard drive (I just moved it to a folder in my Desktop to keep a backup of the file).

I also used this command in Terminal to remove all the drivers I deleted and I will no longer use (if I'm not wrong, I think this removes a folder that works as cache of drivers):

sudo kextcache --clear-staging

After reboot the system, the microphone should now use the built-in macOS driver with no problem.

For now, my Blue Yeti X microphone seems to work without problems with macOS Monterey 12.2.1. I will maintain Logitech G-Hub installed hoping that sooner or later they will release an update that corrects the problem and be able to use its advanced equalization and profile functions again.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 4:16 AM in response to BDL-Naples

I experienced the same problem. It seems related to the Logitech G-Hub driver for Blue Yeti microphones.

I removed that driver and now my Blue Yeti X microphone is using the integrated driver of macOS and it seems to work without issues. Of course, doing these, all the "Blue Voice" effects and other settings that Logitech's G-Hub app allowed will no longer work, but the microphone should still be usable in its basic functions including volume control or mode change with its physical buttons.

To remove the Logitech G-Hub driver you just need to remove the file "logi_audio_override.kext" from the folder library/extensions of your system hard drive (I just moved it to a folder in my Desktop to keep a backup of the file).

I also used this command in Terminal to remove all the drivers I deleted and I will no longer use (if I'm not wrong, I think this removes a folder that works as cache of drivers):

sudo kextcache --clear-staging

After reboot the system, the microphone should now use the built-in macOS driver with no problem.

For now, my Blue Yeti X microphone seems to work without problems with macOS Monterey 12.2.1. I will maintain Logitech G-Hub installed hoping that sooner or later they will release an update that corrects the problem and be able to use its advanced equalization and profile functions again.

Jan 20, 2022 6:54 AM in response to BDL-Naples

Are you using Zoom? I have this problem too with Monterey 12.1 and a Blue Yeti X, found a thread in the Zoom community and it may be something caused by it. Looks like they are working on it but it's still not clear if the Yeti going away from the input list is really caused by Zoom, most people initially reported an issue with the inputs in Zoom, but there are also some comments referring to the issue you report here.

Feb 23, 2022 11:22 PM in response to aridle

Same problem here since the Monterey upgrade. And it's not only in web calls. The disconnect also happens when using the mic for audio recording.

Even worse is when you are using the yeti in an aggregate device (e.g. for locking input volume or to bundle it with an output of your choice for convenience). Once in an aggregate, it almost immediately looses connection when used. Resulting in the Yeti X being no more listed as a device.

If you have a look at the last fee software upgrades of Logitech gHub, they patched the unplug/replug issue, but without effect on my side. But this tells me that they are aware of it.

Yeti support suggested me to use it without gHub, might be worth a try for you. But this is no option for me since I'm controlling other devices with gHub too.

MacBook Pro "loses" Blue Yeti X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.