Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Struggling to install a 2015 version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a new Mac (M1 Chip)

I'm trying to install a 2015 version of Acrobat Pro DC on my Mac with a M1 Chip. I used the following link to download the software but I cannot get past the "Read Me" section of the install process. Here is the link I used: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Here is a pick of where I get stuck

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 12:34 PM

I would not expect a 7 year old app to work correctly on Monterey plus with an M1 Mac you are introducing more complexity by needing to use Rosetta2.  Just because it says macOS 10.14 or later, does not necessarily mean macOS 12.1 Moneterey is supported since Adobe may have overlooked updating the system requirements on an outdated and unsupported product. Since the 2015 version was released for Mojave there is a chance the app is only 32bit which definitely won't work with macOS 10.15+. It is probably time to pay up for the new version or find another app to replace it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 12:34 PM in response to fulltiltmike

I would not expect a 7 year old app to work correctly on Monterey plus with an M1 Mac you are introducing more complexity by needing to use Rosetta2.  Just because it says macOS 10.14 or later, does not necessarily mean macOS 12.1 Moneterey is supported since Adobe may have overlooked updating the system requirements on an outdated and unsupported product. Since the 2015 version was released for Mojave there is a chance the app is only 32bit which definitely won't work with macOS 10.15+. It is probably time to pay up for the new version or find another app to replace it.

Dec 31, 2021 1:20 PM in response to fulltiltmike

fulltiltmike wrote:

Nothing wrong with the older version.

There is something wrong....it is not working on Monterey and/or the M1 Mac.

the current version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will not install on my build. Not sure why and Adobe Tech wants to access my computer remotely and I'm just not comfortable with that.

I agree. I would not let anyone remotely access my computer. If the new app works fine for others on the same hardware & OS, then it most likely means you have some third party software installed that is causing a compatibility issue. If you have any anti-virus software, cleaning apps, or third party security software installed, then uninstall it by following the developer's instructions since these types of apps are not needed on a Mac and will interfere with the normal operation of macOS including causing performance issues.

It is also possible Adobe is a bit slow updating their apps to work correctly with the most recent patch of macOS 12.x or the M1 Macs, but Adobe should be able to tell you if this is the case.

Struggling to install a 2015 version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a new Mac (M1 Chip)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.