Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Series 7 watch doesn't appear to like any charger at all

None of my old chargers work (Series 4). Not my wifes Series 6. Not the cable that came with the watch. Not the brand new 20 watt USB-C Apple branded plug that I bought from the Apple Store. I've been charging for 3 hours this morning and it's down from 23% to 21%. I change every half hour to some other cable arrangement, trying to find some magic combination.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:45 AM

Make sure your watch is updated to WatchOS 8.3. There was an update after WatchOS 8 which fixed charging issues with some watches.

Then see this --> If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 31, 2021 9:01 AM in response to ReallyTryingTo

OK, I can answer a couple of questions if you're where I am in the process. Yes, the watch dings when you attach to a charger, but that doesn't mean it's charging, it's just connected. Congratulations! You have connected the cables successfully to no avail!

Why are the charging blocks labeled in nearly invisible ink on the side that plugs into the wall? No good answer, find good lighting and reading glasses. Different charging blocks look identical without exceptional lighting and vision. Arg.

Cables look the much the same but aren't the same. They have no labeling either. Get sharpies. Go through the pile. Label all your stuff yourself, color code them. The 20W block looks like the old block. Doesn't work with new cables, only the one with the metallic cup. Now I have at least one configuration out of everything Apple that works with my new watch. What a CF.

New Series 7 watch doesn't appear to like any charger at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.