Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on Mac vs Photos on iPhone

I'm running Photo 7.0 on a MacBook Pro 16" Intel 2019 running Monterey 12.1.

How may I determine who has accepted an invitation to view a shared album? It is easy on my iPhone, with which I have shared photos via iCloud.

Also, it takes a long time to download photos from my camera's SD card. It used to be fast, now it takes minutes to download a dozen photos, e.g., more than five minutes. (My SD card reader plugs into the USB-C port. I was able to transfer 900+MB of photos to the desktop in less than 10 seconds, so that shouldn't be causing an issue.) Is anyone else having this issue? Is this cause by my use of iCloud to share photos across my Mac, iPhone, and iPad? (If so, this is unacceptable.)

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:50 AM

Navigate to your shared album.

Click on the person icon (between info and share on the top right). Anyone who has been invited will appear, those who accept have a checkmark.

Your speed of input has nothing to do with iCloud. There may be a difference in import directly into Photos as opposed to loading to your desktop (although in my experience it is insignificant). It's likely more a function of writing/cataloging in Photos. You can always import into the desktop and then move the pictures into Photos.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 10:50 AM in response to PaulWith

Navigate to your shared album.

Click on the person icon (between info and share on the top right). Anyone who has been invited will appear, those who accept have a checkmark.

Your speed of input has nothing to do with iCloud. There may be a difference in import directly into Photos as opposed to loading to your desktop (although in my experience it is insignificant). It's likely more a function of writing/cataloging in Photos. You can always import into the desktop and then move the pictures into Photos.

Dec 31, 2021 11:44 AM in response to muguy

Thank you muguy.

In comparison to how the iPhone works, this approach to displaying who has accepted the invitation is very poor. It ought to display a list with the status so that one may rapidly see the whole list and status in a single glance.

I'm not sure about you response to the speed issue. It also takes a long time once I select a photo to edit for Photos to load the full-resolution version of an image (tens of seconds). Very strange.

Cheers,

Paul

Photos on Mac vs Photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.