Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2

My Apple TV 2 won’t let me sign in to iCloud. I am able to pair my iPhone 13 to it as a remote, and each time I enter my iCloud password the phone gets an alert that a device is trying to access my iCloud and I accept the pop up, but on the Apple TV it says wrong password

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 12:07 PM

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 12:07 PM in response to SS83

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Apple TV 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.