Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off HomePod Mini Siri voice confirmations?

Every time I tell Siri to do something, she responds with some sort of confirmation, like “Yep, I’m on it.” Cute, but annoying in the bedroom at night when my spouse is sleeping. How do I turn this off? Ideally it would just be a subtle bonk or ping or something instead of a voice confirmation.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:54 AM

From https://support.apple.com/HT209573:

HomePod automatically adjusts Siri's response volume based on the level of noise in the room, your distance from HomePod, and how loudly you're speaking to Siri. You can turn automatic volume on or off by saying, "Hey Siri, turn on automatic Siri volume," or "Hey Siri, turn off automatic Siri volume."

You can turn off automatic volume, and then set Siri's volume to something suitably low, but you'll obviously need to turn it up when you actually want to hear the reply when the ambient volume is louder. At least the response to "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%" is at the new volume rather than the old one.

tt2

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 9:54 AM in response to sjsjsjsjsjsjs

From https://support.apple.com/HT209573:

HomePod automatically adjusts Siri's response volume based on the level of noise in the room, your distance from HomePod, and how loudly you're speaking to Siri. You can turn automatic volume on or off by saying, "Hey Siri, turn on automatic Siri volume," or "Hey Siri, turn off automatic Siri volume."

You can turn off automatic volume, and then set Siri's volume to something suitably low, but you'll obviously need to turn it up when you actually want to hear the reply when the ambient volume is louder. At least the response to "Hey Siri, set your volume to X%" is at the new volume rather than the old one.

tt2

Turn off HomePod Mini Siri voice confirmations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.