Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch pairing and update

hello, i’ve had an apple watch (series 3) for about 2 years now and just now starting to try to use it again and for some reason it’s not pairing to my new phone (se). i lost my old phone and i’m unable to use it for my apple watch in which i used before. every time i try to pair the apple watch to my iphone through the watch app it says that the watch needs a software update but when it’s checking for that update it says this.

i don’t know what i should do because i’ve been trying for hours and this screen keeps coming up? anyone that could

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:41 PM

First, try this:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 8:41 PM in response to juliyana240

First, try this:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

FWIW, a lot of people have problems updating a series 3 watch due to insufficient memory. in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, and then updating and restoring the backup will allow you to update it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Another option (maybe even better, if possible) is to take to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them update it.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple watch pairing and update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.