Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble pairing my Apple Watch with my iPhone

I wanted to try the Apple watch so I bought a used one on Swappa, generation 6. I have an iPhone 7+. First I got the message that the iPhone was out of date, and I needed a newer version of IOS even though I had 15.7 installed. I fixed that by soft resetting the iphone and watch. Now the phone will start pairing with the watch, but now it informs me that the watch needs an update. It doesn't matter if the select to do the update or skip it the pairing process starts, fails, a notice briefly flashes on the screen that I can't read, and then reverses, unpairs the phone. If I try it manually, it just fails.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2022 5:59 AM

If you're trying to update to WatchOS9 then your phone needs to be running ios16 or higher,which is an iphone 8 or higher.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2022 5:59 AM in response to MTUser2007

If you're trying to update to WatchOS9 then your phone needs to be running ios16 or higher,which is an iphone 8 or higher.

I'm having trouble pairing my Apple Watch with my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.