Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display flickering

Hi, i have macbook pro touchbar 2017 and a couple months ago i feel the display has shadow, and now i see the display start flickering. Does anyone else has experiment like me ? And what you do for fix it ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 11:25 PM

Hi, and Happy New Year.

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display or graphic processor error(VFD001 to VFD007).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 31, 2021 11:49 PM in response to bela194

bela194 Said:

"Display flickering: Hi, i have macbook pro touchbar 2017 and a couple months ago i feel the display has shadow, and now i see the display start flickering. Does anyone else has experiment like me ? And what you do for fix it ?"

-------

Based on Personal Experience:

As Loose Connector:

My 13" 2017 MBP had this issue. Its screen replaced 11 times in hopes to fix the flickering. Having been so patient, I was finally gifted a new device from Apple. The reason why this was occurring - according to Apple - is that the connector to the LogicBoard from the screen kept becoming loose. So, get this worked on, as it may may be a loose connection.

So, go here: Apple Display Service and Repair - Apple Support

Display flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.