Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hotspot

some questions about this hotspot function on iphone, it seems a bit different than what i am used to on android.

if 2 iphones (A+B) use same apple id, and if i turn on the hotspot on iphone A, will or can iphone B connect to iphone A's hotspot automatically? without entering wifi password?

in iphone, after i turn on the personal hotspot in settings, it seems i also need to make the wifi discoverable in the control centre by tapping the personal hotspot again. is that normal? and after a while, the wifi name will disappear / hide again, and i have to go to control centre to make it visible again.

while in android, i can make the personal hotspot always visible, is there a such option in ios?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:20 PM

The key to setting up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone is to make sure you enable "Allow Others to Join." Other than leaving the phone powered-on, no other action should be required.

In theory, a device can the connect to this hotspot by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. (Personally, I haven't tried that last connection type to verify that it works.) iOS 13+ devices, that connect to the hotspot, should remain connected even if their screen is locked. Not sure about any other non-Apple devices.

Ref: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 9:20 PM in response to chengjianer

The key to setting up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone is to make sure you enable "Allow Others to Join." Other than leaving the phone powered-on, no other action should be required.

In theory, a device can the connect to this hotspot by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. (Personally, I haven't tried that last connection type to verify that it works.) iOS 13+ devices, that connect to the hotspot, should remain connected even if their screen is locked. Not sure about any other non-Apple devices.

Ref: How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.