Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occurred while loading the update

Hey,

So yesterday I tried to update my iMac 2017 to the Monterey version, but I received this message

"An error occurred while loading the update"

ps: image from internet

any ideas on how i can fix that without losing my data ?

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:43 AM

I am guessing that the reason you are unable to successfully install your operating system is because the installer became corrupted during the download. Put the installer into the trash and do another download. If you were using Wi-Fi to do the download, don't. It's too much data for Wi-Fi. Instead, you need to use an Ethernet cable directly connected to your modem/router. If necessary, temporarily move your computer to do the download. And during the process, stay off the internet. If you are unable to directly connect to the internet, then be prepared to do multiple Wi-Fi downloads until you get a good one that loads. And allow each download to fully complete, which can take up to an hour, more or less, plus another 45 minutes or so for the installation. Good luck. I hope it goes well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 9:43 AM in response to zakariazbir

I am guessing that the reason you are unable to successfully install your operating system is because the installer became corrupted during the download. Put the installer into the trash and do another download. If you were using Wi-Fi to do the download, don't. It's too much data for Wi-Fi. Instead, you need to use an Ethernet cable directly connected to your modem/router. If necessary, temporarily move your computer to do the download. And during the process, stay off the internet. If you are unable to directly connect to the internet, then be prepared to do multiple Wi-Fi downloads until you get a good one that loads. And allow each download to fully complete, which can take up to an hour, more or less, plus another 45 minutes or so for the installation. Good luck. I hope it goes well.

An error occurred while loading the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.