Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airtag Battery Life and Replacement

How long will the battery in an airtag last and what type battery does it take

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 7:43 AM

It should last about 1 year, and these are the instructions for battery replacement:--> How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

Jan 14, 2022 8:42 PM in response to ervinfromripon

CR2032 was mentioned, but in addition I would recommend the Maxell brand. As far as I can tell, Maxell is the last brand still manufacturing lithium-manganese coin cells in Japan after Sony (now Murata) and Panasonic moved their manufacturing overseas. They're not bad though. Other brands like Energizer and Duracell (they use DL for some reason) really just buy batteries made by someone else and have them made with their name on them and their packaging. There's also a lot of junk out there, so perhaps avoid any off brands.

These can be really expensive if you buy them in stores, but they can be purchased in bulk for as much less (should be less than 50 US cents each) and they have a reasonably long storage life. Maxell seems to have shortened their recommended storage time to 5 years (used to be 10) but I don't believe anything has really changed.

Airtag Battery Life and Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.