Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden blinking vertical and horizontal colored lines appeared on my Mac Pro. Nothing seems to work to get them to disappear

All of the sudden, vertical and Horizontal blinking colored lines appeared on My Mac Pro. Tried to get rid of them . Nothing seem to work?

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:50 AM

If this persists after a restart, you likely have a Hardware issue.

As an experiment and a test for a work-around, you could use an adapter to connect to your TV set or external display.

Otherwise, you should arrange for service.

3 replies

Jan 1, 2022 8:57 AM in response to Sycamore3456

if you have the 42-lb silver tower, its graphics cards may have multiple ports available, and you could consider testing with a different port.

If it is still using the original graphics card, they get hot and do not age well -- you may need to upgrade it.

what model-year Mac Pro? Do you know the graphics card make&model? what MacOS version?

All of a sudden blinking vertical and horizontal colored lines appeared on my Mac Pro. Nothing seems to work to get them to disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.