Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen black arrow on screen, mouse not working

Frozen black arrow on iMac screen. I’m not able to use my keyboard or mouse. Both are charged. I shut down and started up again. No change.

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:03 AM

Hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds to shut the computer down. Then restart and test. If you continue to have problems, please state what they are and we can provide more troubleshooting steps.

3 replies

Jan 3, 2022 10:22 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I also have this problem. Cursor had been lagging/freezing/disappearing for approx 1 week. Yesterday it remained stuck in top left corner. SMC and NVRAM reset did nothing. spoke to an advisor by phone, we put the computer into voiceover mode but then couldnt movr the cursor with Vo commands to click the continue button to reinstall Mac OS Monterey. Turned computer off, when I came back a couple of hours later the mouse was working again. Then today it stopped again. was able to turn on mouse keys and update to Monterey 12.1. Shut down the computer and then rebooted. Mouse/cursor still not working. Am using my iphone as a mouse to be able to send this. Computer is an iMac 27” retina late 2015 model.

Frozen black arrow on screen, mouse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.