Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer music from old iPod to new one?

I received a new iPod for Christmas. How do I transfer all my music from my old iPod to my new iPod?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 6:19 AM

my old iPod has music from my own cds and I want to transfer all to my new iPod

4 replies

Jan 1, 2022 11:13 AM in response to marv75

If your music is in an iTunes Library (iTunes on your computer, or the Music app on on recent Macs), then synchronise the new iPod with iTunes (or Finder I think it is, on the Mac).

If the music is only on your iPod, then if it all came from the iTunes Store, sign into your iTunes Store account on the new iPod and download the music to it. For music from other sources, you will have to go back to that source: i.e. to other online stores or from your own CDs.

Jan 8, 2022 7:04 AM in response to leav35-13Er

leav35-13Er wrote:

my old iPod has music from my own cds and I want to transfer all to my new iPod

Is the music from your CDs in an iTunes Library on your computer?

• if it is, then copy from that iTunes Library to the new iPod. My recommendation is that you use Sync to do this
    • if the music is not in an iTunes Library, then your next option is to recover the music from the old iPod. There is no easy method for doing this (iTunes doesn't do it), so the suggestion (and linked page) from bobjbkln will explain what you have to do
    • Alternatively, copy from the CDs to an iTunes Library and use those copies to get the music onto the new iPod

You cannot transfer, or copy, music directly from the old iPod to a new one. Hence mine and bobjbkln's advice.

How to transfer music from old iPod to new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.