Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending iMessages from an old iPad

Hi there, so I have an iPhone SE (second generation) and an iPad (fourth generation), my iPhone is on iOS 15 and my iPad is on iOS 10, so lately I've been having a problem with iMessage so when I send and receive messages on my phone I can see them on my iPad but if I try to message someone from my iPad I can only see the messages on my iPad but they don't show up at all on my phone. Please tell me if there's a setting I have to change or if my iPad is too old and no compatible with iMessage anymore.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 10:51 AM

Hello gabriella60,

We understand that you're looking to send messages from your iPad and have them shown on your iPhone. The issue you're running in to is likely a difference in iOS versions, however, you can ensure your settings are correct by following these steps: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Best regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 10:51 AM in response to gabriella60

Hello gabriella60,

We understand that you're looking to send messages from your iPad and have them shown on your iPhone. The issue you're running in to is likely a difference in iOS versions, however, you can ensure your settings are correct by following these steps: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Best regards.

Sending iMessages from an old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.