Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find the newly required 4-digit passcode to open my iphone?

My iphone is asking me (in these words) to "enter passcode I use to unlock the iPhone "iPhone."

This is a 4-digit passcode that I never set up. This is a new requirement. I understand that this is part of two-factor authentication and that it is a good thing, but how do I get this code if I don't know what it is? I've read everything I can find but nothing tells me what to do if I don't know what the code is. Where do I get it? Please help.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 6:38 PM

See the Apple Support article(s) below for IOS 15.2 or later..

Passcode - How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode (IOS 15.2 or later)

3 replies

Jan 2, 2022 3:10 PM in response to YslaRose

Hi Eric - Thank you for your help but I think I misstated my question. I get a message to "Update Apple ID settings. Some account services will not be available until you sign in again. Then it says to "Confirm your iPhone passcode to keep using iCloud. This passcode also protects access to data stored in iCloud. "

This is where it requires me put in a 4-digit passcode that I've never created. So I've given my user name and password for Apple ID, then I put in my 6-digit passcode that I use to open my phone, and THEN it asks for the mysterious 4-digit passcode. I am not able to get iCloud on my iMac or my phone until I figure this out. Does your previous answer still hold? I need to reset my phone? Thanks. Sorry if I'm not getting this.

Where do I find the newly required 4-digit passcode to open my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.