Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my volume slider ?

I recently upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.1 on my iMac. Now I can't see the volume slider on the toolbar. I have "Show Sound in menu bar checked and the mute box is not checked . I unplugged all USB port items.

What might be the cause ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:31 AM

When I started up my iMAC this morning the volume slider is back along with the WIFI icon , and search spotlight !

Maybe shutting down reset everything although this wasn't the case after the upgrade had finished and restarted on its own.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2022 8:31 AM in response to mario49

When I started up my iMAC this morning the volume slider is back along with the WIFI icon , and search spotlight !

Maybe shutting down reset everything although this wasn't the case after the upgrade had finished and restarted on its own.

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

Jan 2, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Brudduh

Hi there Brudduh,

We understand that since upgrading to macOS Monterey, you're not seeing the volume icon in the menu bar. If you haven't yet, try restarting your Mac normally.

If you're still not seeing the icon in the menu bar after ensuring it's enabled in System Preferences, and don't have a window in full-screen mode hiding the menu bar, contact Apple Support.

Cheers!

What happened to my volume slider ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.