Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services not working even though I have internet.

My Location Services on my iPod Touch 6 are not working and are always blurred. Why is this?

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:18 PM

Hello iPod_touch_pro.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're experiencing issues with your Location Services not properly working on your iPod touch. If so, we'd like to help out in any way we can. You mentioned that this specific setting is "blurred". To confirm, is it grayed out and won't let you enable this feature? If so, you might want to check if restrictions are enabled. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Make sure that Location Services is set to Allow. For more information on how parental controls works, check out this link here:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this information helps you. Feel free to keep us updated on your results. Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2022 2:18 PM in response to iPod_touch_pro

Hello iPod_touch_pro.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Sounds like you're experiencing issues with your Location Services not properly working on your iPod touch. If so, we'd like to help out in any way we can. You mentioned that this specific setting is "blurred". To confirm, is it grayed out and won't let you enable this feature? If so, you might want to check if restrictions are enabled. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Make sure that Location Services is set to Allow. For more information on how parental controls works, check out this link here:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

We hope this information helps you. Feel free to keep us updated on your results. Cheers.

Jan 2, 2022 3:41 PM in response to Vilas_S

Hello Vilas_S,

Yes you are correct they are grayed out and they won't let me enable this feature. I have tried what you suggested and it worked. If you have time could you please reply to my other question, just search up my name and you will find it. Thanks for the help I am good at everything else but I need a bit of help with this.

Thanks so much.

Location Services not working even though I have internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.