Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to instantly lock your iPhone

My iPhone takes about a second to lock after I press the lock button.

Could anyone tell me what setting must I change in order to instantly lock it?

I reseted the configuration settings and the delayed lock came back. It’s driving me nuts!

I am aware that Assistive touch is not enabled.

Also, I have face id and these are my settings:

I have an iPhone 13 pro max running iOS 15.2.

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 9:25 PM

Turns out I had an accesibility shorcut turned on and that is what caused the “issue”. Disabling it did the trick.

When one or more accesibility shortcuts are enabled, the sistem will not lock your phone instantly when you press the sleep button. It will wait a bit to see if you press the sleep button two more times to toggle the accesibility settings you have enabled.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post 👋

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 9:25 PM in response to Belpheigor

Turns out I had an accesibility shorcut turned on and that is what caused the “issue”. Disabling it did the trick.

When one or more accesibility shortcuts are enabled, the sistem will not lock your phone instantly when you press the sleep button. It will wait a bit to see if you press the sleep button two more times to toggle the accesibility settings you have enabled.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post 👋

How to instantly lock your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.